Cooking Thyme – Korean Beef
Serves 4, or 2 with leftovers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Red pepper flakes (measure this with your heart)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- Chopped veggies of your choice
- Start by washing and chopping up your vegetables.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Add sesame oil and minced garlic to a pan. Cook garlic until browned.
- Add the beef, break into small pieces.
- Add rice and water to a separate pot. Cook.
- When beef is halfway done, add the brown sugar/soy sauce mix to pan. Stir.
- Add veggies to pan. Let all those amazing ingredients get to know each other!
- Once meat, veggies, and rice are finished cooking: serve, and enjoy!